Friday 10 June 2011

'Pinkham Way Alliance' Facebook group: Lobbying Boris!

"I went to Crouch End yesterday, and managed to grab twelve minutes with a lovely Mayor called Boris. He was very attentive, and seemed quite shocked at the facts I threw at him without taking a breath! I knew I had to talk fast, as his aide was trying to pull him away.

(Picture: Daily Telegraph)
"He was aware of the proposal, but not so aware of the details, which may or may not have reached him yet. Particularly the proximity to the primary schools and residential properties.

"He said our council (Haringey presumably) seemed 'hell-bent' on building it, but I reminded him there was still time to oppose it, as they had not yet approved it and pleaded that he helped us. He promised he would 'take it up for us', he would look at it and to leave it with him. I gave him the literature, which he seemed interested to read, so fingers crossed.

"I gave it my best shot, guys, and covered all the points. Here's hoping. At least now he's accurately aware of our plight. Boris, I have faith in you!"

1 comment: